Anthem is a 3rd person action role-playing game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. It was released in 2019 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Upon an unfinished world, humanity struggles to survive in a savage environment full of diverse threats. Equipped with incredible Javelin exosuits, a faction known as the Freelancers seeks to tip the balance in mankind’s favor.
As a Gameplay Design Lead I was responsible for the player character, camera and controls:
- Javelins: Lead the 'EXO team' responsible for the 4 unique Javelin exosuits players use.
- Traversal: Owned and implemented all of the traversal gameplay: flying, swimming, jumping, dashing & ground movement.
- Cameras: Set up the gameplay camera behaviors including their framing and transitions.
- Controls: Created and implemented the control scheme and controller rumble for the game.
- During the game's live service I was given additional responsibility as Lead Combat Designer.
Watch the gameplay trailer.
Visit the Anthem website.
Watch my talk from the Game Developer Conference 2019 where I explain how we built the flying system for the game.